History of the Johann L.L. Brandner manufactory
Johannes Brandner founds the manufactory as metal turnery in 1860 in Regensburg. In 1889 his son, Johann Ludwig Leonhard Brandner, takes over at the manufactory helm's. The manufactory flourished as a workshop for metal artefacts and until 1985, the Brandner manufactory from Regensburg exported high-quality church supplies the world over. Scenically located on an island in the Danube river, the building was recently renovated to house a city hotel. The conference room was once a metalworking shop, and the large staircase in the hotel lobby was once the site of a rumbling steam engine.