Wontons with chanterelles
Kastaniengarten restaurant Hof
South Americans call them tortillas, Asians wontons. Filled dumplings. We chose to make our wontons with chanterelle filling and recommend a pepper-balsamic dip.
- 600 g chanterelles
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 400 grams onions
- 20 g rocket
- 1 tablespoon pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Red wine
- Leaf salad
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic granule
- Olive oil
- Clean the chanterelles well, put them on a towel, pat dry with kitchen roll and cut it into small pieces.
- Finely dice the onions and brown in a little oil. Add chanterelles and season with salt, black pepper, garlic granule and marjoram. Simmer, until almost all mushroom juices have evaporated.
- Cut the rocket into thin strips and mix the rocket with the chanterelles. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Spread each wonton wrapper on a board. Add 1 teaspoon of mixture to the center of each wrapper. Fold in pocket form seal with a small amount of water. Cover with a damp towel. Bake the wontons in a deep fryer at 160°C, turning occasionally until they are golden brown. Remove them to a draining rack placed over a baking sheet so they can drain excess oil.
- Stir pepper paste and balsamic glaze, season with red wine, pinch of sugar and honey.
- Clean and wash the leaf salad thoroughly and drain well.
- Then give the dipping sauce into four small bowls and arrange the bowls with salad and wontons on four plates. Serve with dressing of your choice.