Parduin restaurant Brandenburg
Parfaits are creamy frozen desserts, and as they require no stirring while freezing and have a close-textured icy sweetness. You can cut parfaits into slices or into timbale molds.
- 80 grams cherries
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto liqueur
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 50 grams dark couverture
- 30 grams white couverture
- 200 grams honeydew melon
- 200 grams water melon
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- Wash the pitted cherries and puree them well.
- Slice down the center of the vanilla pod until you reach the end scraping the vanilla seeds.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla seeds, dash of Amaretto over a warm bain marie until its volume has doubled. Then stirring for cooling over a cold bain marie.
- Whip the cream and fold in carefully. Then, add the cherry puree.
- Then fill it into timbale molds and put them in the freezer for at least eight hours.
- For the fruit cocktail: Cut mint. Puree peeled and seeded melons with Grand Marnier, mint and icing sugar.
- Fill up glasses with the cocktail and garnish with mint leaves.
- Turn parfaits out of the mould 15 - 20 minutes before serving.
- Melt the dark couverture over a warm bain marie and cover the parfait.
- Melt the white couverture over a warm bain marie and cover the parfait for leaving a pattern.
- Serve the parfait and the cocktail immediately.