Scallops on wild garlic risotto
Kastaniengarten restaurant Hof
Scallops are the treasure of the sea. The nutty and sweet flavor of that shellfish pairs perfectly with a light wild garlic risotto.
- 8 scallops
- 1 shallot
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 8 tablespoon white wine dry
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 40 grams wild garlic
- 100 grams mascarpone
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cut the shallots into small cubes and steam them in heated butter.
- Add rice and steam shortly, douse with the wine.
- Add vegetable stock step by step
- Add 1/3 cup stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring continuously, until all liquid has absorbed and rice is tender and creamy.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit.
- Now puree wild garlic with mascarpone in a mixer, and stir under the risotto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse scallops in water, dab off liquids. Season with salt and sprinkle with flour.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Brown scallops briefly on each side for 1.5 minutes in the oil, at medium to high temperature.
- Scallops must be well sealed and glassy inside.
- After frying season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Prepare risotto on four preheated plates, drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil around it.
- Place the scallops on top of it and garnish wild garlic slices.
- Serve immediately.