[c] fotolia.com | wsf-f
Strawberry-mint jam with lemon
Parduin restaurant Brandenburg
This fruity strawberry jam with mint, lemon and orange will refresh any morning in the year. With a bit of preparation now, you can easily enjoy.
- 1.500 grams fresh strawberries
- 10 - 15 mint leaves
- 1 - 2 untreated lemons
- 5 - 6 untreated oranges
- 2 vanilla pods
- 500 grams jam sugar 3:1
- 8 jars each 230 ml
- Rinse the strawberries quickly under cold water, place in a sieve to drain, then cut off their stems. Cut them in halves or quarters and place in a large pot.
- Split the pods lengthwise into two halves. Put the pod on a flat surface and scrape the inside of the pod. Use a spoon or paring knife to scrape out the seeds.
- Wash lemons and oranges in hot water and rub dry. Grate the lemons; then use a carrot peeler to take a thin layer of peel off the oranges and slice it thinly.
- Squeeze the grated lemons and then the peeled oranges. Take 500 ml of the orange juice, add to the lemon juice and remove all of the seeds.
- Add juice and peel of lemons and oranges, vanilla seeds and jam sugar to the strawberries, stir well. Set it aside for about one hour.
- Bring the fruit mixture to a boil and puree with a potato masher or hand blender until the desired consistency is reached.
- Boil mixture for five minutes, keep stirring. In the meantime, slice the mint very thinly, add to the jam. Continue stirring as the mixture comes to the gelling point.
- Spoon the hot jam into the warm sterilized jars to just below the top of the jars and seal while hot. Wipe any jam from the rims of the jars. Center lids on jars and twist until tight.
- For canning jam use jars with twist-off lid or mason jars with a rubber ring and bail closure. Check lids for seal after 24 hours.
- The jam will keep, in a cool, dark place for eight months. Unopened no need to refrigerate. After opening, jam should be refrigerated and consumed within two weeks.
DeutschMarmeladejam, jellies, marmalades, conserves, confit, sugar, pickle, fruit, summer, jar, twist-off, sunday, breakfast, brunch, lemon, citrus, orange, mintThis fruity strawberry jam with mint, lemon and orange will refresh any morning in the year. With a bit of preparation now, you can easily enjoy.