Brandner restaurant Regensburg
Velvety and mild cream soup for every day. Set chorizo and pine nuts on top for refining the spicy and hot taste. It is a huge hit.
- 8 cups rocket
- 300 grams chorizo
- 3 shallots
- 200 grams butter
- 1 glas of white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 20 grams pine nuts
- Black pepper
- Fry the pine nuts in a frying pan without fat until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the pan and drop off on kitchen paper.
- Melt butter in a pan over a medium heat. Stir in and lightly fry shallots, deglaze with wine and cream. Bring to a boil briefly and remove from the heat.
- Wash and spin-dry the rocket.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a suitable pan to about 150°C and add the rocket step by step.
- Drain well the rocket on kitchen paper.
- In a bowl mix 150 grams butter by a hand blender until it is highlighted in white. Add the rocket.
- Season with salt and black pepper, and allow it to cool off.
- Cutting chorizo into slices and fry them briefly but intensely on both sides.
- Let the soup boil up and add the cold rocket butter.
- Place in a food processor or use a hand blender and process until foamy.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Garnish with the crusty chorizo slices.
- If you want combine some rocket and some pine nuts and sprinkle over the soup.
- Serve with baguette bread.