Red wine cake
Parduin restaurant Brandenburg
Star shaped on Christmas, heart shaped on birthday; this type of cake is always special. Cakes made with butter and eggs at room temperature had a slightly finer. We recommend a dry red wine. But remember the cake will have a strong taste of the wine used in it, go for something that you like.
- 1 1/8 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons red wine
- 12 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 medium sized orange
- Table salt
- Grate the chocolate and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, chocolate and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add ground cinnamon, cocoa, flour, baking powder and beat well. Then add the red wine and cream until smooth.
- Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until and fold in carefully.
- Grease six extra large star shaped cookie cutters and spread with bread crumbs inside.
- Now baking paper on a baking tray, then the prepared cutters and spread the batter in.
- Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees.
- In the meantime sieve the icing sugar, half and squeeze the orange and stir into the sugar.
- Let the cake cool down and pour orange-sugar glaze over cakes and spread it across the top.
InternationalSüßeschocolate, cakes, redwine, gugelhupf, ringcake, pastrie, pie, dessert, christmas, chocolate, glaze, coffee, valentines day, cupcakesStar shaped on Christmas, heart shaped on birthday; this type of cake is always special. Cakes made with butter and eggs at room temperature had a slightly finer.