Red wine cake
Parduin restaurant Brandenburg
Star shaped on Christmas, heart shaped on birthday; this type of cake is always special. Cakes made with butter and eggs at room temperature had a slightly finer. We recommend a dry red wine. But remember the cake will have a strong taste of the wine used in it, go for something that you like.
- 1 1/8 cups butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 5 free-range eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons red wine
- 12 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 medium sized orange
- Table salt
- Grate the chocolate and separate the yolk from the egg white.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar, chocolate and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add ground cinnamon, cocoa, flour, baking powder and beat well. Then add the red wine and cream until smooth.
- Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until and fold in carefully.
- Grease six extra large star shaped cookie cutters and spread with bread crumbs inside.
- Now baking paper on a baking tray, then the prepared cutters and spread the batter in.
- Bake for about 50 - 60 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees.
- In the meantime sieve the icing sugar, half and squeeze the orange and stir into the sugar.
- Let the cake cool down and pour orange-sugar glaze over cakes and spread it across the top.