Brandner restaurant Regensburg
This starter epitomises rural Bavarian cooking; it is quick, simple and made from yesterday's dumplings. We serve it with salad, Obatzter Bavarian cheese spread, apple horseradish, ham, baguette bread.
- 3 yesterday's dumplings
- 4 tablespoon fruit vinegar
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- White peppercorns
- Cut the dumplings into 1 cm thick slices and place slices on a deep plate or bowl.
- Mix a marinade from oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper; pour marinade over the dumplings, turn them carefully and let it marinate briefly.
- Remove dumplings from the marinade, use a spatula, let them drain on a kitchen towel.
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add marinated dumpling slices carfully by using the spatula; fry the dumplings until they are golden brown on each side at medium heat.
- Arrange salad, Obatzter Bavarian cheese spread, apple horseradish, ham, baguette bread on plates and top each plate with two or three fried dumpling slices. Garnish with herbs and serve.