Carpaccio of beef
Brandner restaurant Regensburg
Beef carpaccio is a stylish starter and typically made of raw meat. It can however be made with other razor-thinly sliced food. We recommend to prepare the typical style with fresh wild rocket and shaved Parmesan, olive oil and baguette bread.
- 200 grams beef fillet
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 100 grams wild rocket leaves
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 baguette bread
- Trim the beef fillet and place into very regular form.
- Make the sauce from olive oil, coarse black pepper, rosemary, thyme, splash of balsamic vinegar and chunks of fresh garlic.
- Rub the fillet of beef with the marinade and let it marinate for at least one hour to two hours.
- Dispense the fillet of beef with the marinade again.
- Enclose the beef tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for 24 hours, this will make it easier to thinly slice.
- Trim, wash and spin-dry well the wild rocket leaves and remove the stems.
- Unwrap the semi-frozen beef and use a sharp knife to cut the beef into very thin slices.
- Arrange the slices like a fan on platters and drizzle with olive oil, garnish with rocket, season with pepper, sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve immediately with baguette bread.