Almond cake in jar
Parduin restaurant Brandenburg
Sweet, juicy, tasty. Mini cakes in jars gives you an opportunity for an easy snack carriage and is a charming food gift idea.
- 200 grams butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 medium-sized free-range eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup chopped hazel nuts
- 100 grams chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Fat for the jars
- 5 - 6 twist-off or mason jars each 440 ml
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. Add the almond meal, chocolate, flour and baking powder, stirring until just combined.
- Prepare the jars; fat and breadcrumbs jars inside. Fill jars with batter until they are about two-thirds to three-fourths full. Clean the rimbs, they must be absolutely clean and free of grease.
- Bake for about 35 - 45 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely and serve in the jar or turn out the cake onto a plate.
- When baking cake in jars for food storage close jars with screw-on or twist-on lids immediately after baking.
- For cakes in mason jars - as soon as you take the mason jars out of the oven, place rubber rings, lids and screw rings on them.
- After closing the hot jar creates a vacuum inside and the cake can be kept for up to six months.