Grilled pineapple with maple mustard granola
Brandner restaurant Regensburg
Whether in a cake, on a pizza or as a dessert, pineapple is an all-rounder. Fresh from the grill with granola crunchy muesli as topping a real treat. Ideal on the terrace on a balmy summer evening or cozy by the fireplace in the wintertime. If you don't want to go vegan, you can also serve it with Serrano, mozzarella or shrimp.
- 1 fresh pineapple with green leaves
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
- 50 grams pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams light sesame seeds
- 50 grams black sesame seeds
- 50 grams oat flakes
- 50 grams hazelnuts
- 50 grams flaked almonds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and black pepper for granola depending on taste
- Fleur de sel for pineapple depending on taste
- Coarse black pepper for pineapple depending on taste
- Heat the oven to 130 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment to prevent the granola from sticking.
- Mix all the dry the ingredients nuts, almonds, seeds and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil with mustard, salt and pepper to a paste.
- Then pour the paste into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix together well, making sure that all the dry ingredients are well coated and that there are no dry bits.
- Tip the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 130 degrees for about 30 minutes until golden.
- You will need to give the mixture a few turns every 8 - 10 minutes to make sure it dries out evenly and does not clump together too much.
- Keep an eye on it as nuts can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely on the tray.
- Break up any large clumps of granola with a wooden spoon.
- Now cut the pineapple into quarters and remove the center core.
- Grill the pineapple vigorously on the grill or in a grill pan.
- Remove from the grill and season with coarse black pepper and fleur de sel.
- Sprinkle the granola on top of the grilled pineapple and serve.
- Tip: If you do not like it vegan, you can also serve air dried ham, buffalo mozzarella or shrimp with it.
- Pro tip: When buying olive oil, pay attention to the quality. Rather spend more.
- Storage: You can keep the granola for up to one month in an airtight container.