At the beginning of the 20th century, Landgut Gühlen manor was the starting point for hunting parties in the forests of Margraviate of Brandenburg. Restored with care and converted to a comfortable property for meetings, weddings and special events with a keen interest in keeping the past alive, this noble mansion is today once again a place of hospitality and is certainly not dated.
|1884||The traditional farm house dates back to 1884 and was constructed as noble place of residency by Count Eulenburg. At that time he fitted out the large living house with separate farm building on the former farm. The construction ensemble was typical of the villa architecture in Heimatstil homeland style of those days, which is rooted in Romanticism and English garden design. The original parquet flooring and the antique fireplaces in all parlours have been conserved.|
|1926||Hjalmar Schacht, president of the Reichsbank central bank of Germany until 1945, bought the manor in 1926. During his two terms in office, 1923 to 1930 and 1933 to 1939, Schacht spent used the manor on weekends, as summer residence and hunting lodge. During his time as private person and after his release, he has been resident here. A connecting structure was built 1935 to 1942 linking the living house with the farm building, where the great hall is located.|
|DDR||The building was used by the Council of Ministers of the German Democratic Republic as its guesthouse for state visitors. The whole terrain around the idyllic and isolated Gudelacksee lake was declared a military area, to be able to enter the terrain, special powers were required. Over the course of that time the manor has been extended by several modifications or additions, both inside and out. In 1965 the northern wing, with the twenty two guests rooms, was added.|
|1994||The present owners took over the operations of the Landgut Gühlen manor in August 1994. After an extensive restoration and re-establishment of the original building's valuable substance the manor exudes a quiet elegance in its original style. It can only be guessed with much fantasy what really happened in the old rooms of the listed manor over the course of several hundred years. Also the grounds were tidied up and the landscape garden of the manor were revitalized.|